The Southeastern Pennsylvania Manufacturing Alliance (SEPMA) is a multi-employer collaborative comprised of regional manufacturers that work with education, workforce development, economic development and community organizations to address the workforce and other competitiveness needs of the manufacturing industry.
Thanks To The Advent Of New Technology And Lean Manufacturing Processes Combined With A Strengthening Economy, The Manufacturing Industry Is Experiencing A Resurrection Of Sorts. Still, Despite All The Good News In The Manufacturing World, Challenges Continue To Exist. Manufacturers Today Are Facing:
- Skilled Labor Shortages
- Automation – Keeping Up And Using New Technologies
- Global Competition
- Marketing – Attracting Qualified Leads
- Supply Chain Optimization Issues
SEPMA Is Working With Regional Manufacturers To Help Them Leverage The Latest Advancements In Technology, Address These Challenges Head On, And Continue Their Upward Momentum With Little Disruption.
The Southeastern Pennsylvania Manufacturing Alliance (SEPMA) was formed in 2007 to address the loss of manufacturing jobs due to global competition and rising costs. Originally called the Southeastern Workforce Development Partnership, today SEPMA membership contains over 60 companies ranging from 10 to 2,000 employees. This regional partnership works to maintain a competitive advantage in the manufacturing industry, focusing on retaining workers, and expanding and enhancing businesses. The Partnership focuses on strategic planning, product process, and business intelligence to increase opportunities and growth for local manufacturers. Throughout the 10-year collaboration, SEPMA successfully addressed issues related to supply chains, Infrastructure requirements, pipeline development, skills upgrading, career pathways and business services. These accomplishments include:
- Increased From 7 To 59 Employer Partners
- Provided Technical Training To Over 3,500 Individuals
- More Than 2,300 Employees Have Earned Industry-Recognized Certificates
- Created New Job Opportunities For More Than 250 Career Seekers
- Developed And Mapped Career Pathways
- Provided Career Exposure To Over 500 Middle To High School Students
- Funded Salaries And Hosted Over 100 Juniors And Seniors From Local High Schools With An Opportunity To Work In Internships Or Co-Op Programs
- Leveraged Over 2 Million Dollars In Funding
- Received 435,000 + In Employer Contributions
- Developed Resources And Various Resource Networks
Going forward, SEPMA will formalize and further incorporate the Next Generation Sector Partnership (Next Gen partnerships) practices and approaches. Next Gen partnerships consist of businesses, from the same industry and in a shared labor market region, that work with education, workforce development, economic development and community organizations to address workforce and other competitiveness needs of a targeted industry.
Our Executive Board
Vice President Of Operations, Computer Components Corporation & SEPMA Co-Chair
Manufacturing Business Philadelphia Executive
President & CEO Of Electrosoft Inc. & SEPMA Co-Chair
Thanks To The Generous Support From Philadelphia Works, Pennsylvania Department Of Labor And Industry, Pennsylvania Department Of Community & Economic Development, PA Workforce Development Board, The Job Opportunities Investment Network (JOIN), The United Way Of Greater Philadelphia And Southern New Jersey, And National Fund For Workforce Solutions, SEPMA Continues To Provide Resources And Support To Regional Manufactures To Increase Company Value And Competitiveness.