WINC invites all tradeswomen, union apprenticeship coordinators, educators, employers, nonprofit, community and government staff to partner with the Women in Nontraditional Careers initiative (WINC) to achieve four priorities for 2022-2023. WINC launched its action planning at a Stakeholder Convening on Sept 28, 2022, attended by more than 40 advocates for women’s participation in the trades in the Philadelphia region.
Together we can:
- Promote trades careers through outreach and awareness
- Link 400 women to trades career paths through WINC programming
- Sustain and expand pre-apprenticeship programs that are women-focused
- Influence the practices of 40 unions, apprenticeship programs, trainers, educators and employers
To benefit from or contribute to these priorities, WINC has created an easy way to request posters/postcards, assistance or to volunteer. Simply fill out this WINC request/volunteer form.
Examples of current and planned WINC resources and programming include:
- social media, posters and postcards, web-based resource hub with trades training list and apprenticeship application calendar
- tradeswomen speakers, Intro to Trades workshops (virtual and hands-on), texting service for future tradeswomen
- best practices for gender lens in pre-apprenticeship, mentorship program lessons learned, continued partnership with Finishing Trades Institute and pilot a second women-focused pre-apprenticeship, collaborative grantseeking
- Technical assistance and 1:1 consulting on best practices in outreach, recruitment, and retention; collecting data and reporting on success; tradeswomen meetups and leadership development as mentors and speakers
WINC is powered by Philadelphia Works, as one of its career pathway initiatives, and receives funding through the US Department of Labor and local foundations. WINC partners with Chicago Women in Trades to promote best practices.
WINC can help you learn and reach out. To get involved in the WINC community, fill out this WINC request/volunteer form, or Contact Us!
Connect with WINC:
Email [email protected]