Drexel University has developed a hospitality training program that brings Drexel’s faculty, external corporate partners, and industry experts under one custom training initiative to support, train, and upskill individuals seeking careers in the hospitality and food service industry.
The program will:
- Create career readiness leading to sustainable career pathways for Greater Philadelphia hospitality professionals
- Empower hospitality workers to attain financial security through hospitality industry employment
- Provide career advancement through earned custom training program certification
- Open a direct pipeline to Philadelphia hospitality employers and restaurant groups.
The Drexel Hospitality Workforce Training Program merges in-class learning, real-world experience, and continuous mentorship with industry partners and employers.
Throughout this immersive week-long program, student trainees will engage in a holistic, interactive, and experiential instructional learning environment grounded in mentorship, including instructor-led sessions, group work, role-play, pair work, and various media designed to best equip trainees with the knowledge and skills for a seamless transition into the workforce. Transportation support is available.
- Training Provider: Drexel University Solutions Institute
- Program Length: Three weeks; Mondays and Tuesdays in June
- Program Dates: June 5th, 2023– June 27th, 2023
- Location: Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Pre-requisites: Ages 18+
- Training Schedule: Mondays and Tuesdays, 9 AM – 1 PM; 9 AM – 3 PM on June 26th and 27th. Please note class will not meet Monday, June 19th in honor of Juneteenth.
- Skills Learned:
- Have a deeper understanding of the hospitality sector including typical front- and back-of-house positions and major components of guest services including process, guest management, service transactions, and conflict resolution.
- Identify and understand food and hospitality hygiene protocols and how to best prevent contamination.
- Be able to develop short- and long-term personal career goals within the hospitality industry.
- Certifications: ServSafe® certification; Certificate of Completion will be conferred.
- College Credit(s) Earned: None